It doesn’t matter whether you’re new to Singapore, a seasoned veteran, permanent resident or Singapore citizen, our guide was written with you in mind.
We have broken the guide down into two sections, to increase your learning.
Section 1: Financial planning
You will discover unique opportunities that are only available to Singapore residents, with a focus on helping you find ways to improve your financial prosperity.
- Family and personal protection – If you need life insurance, income protection or critical illness cover, how much do you need and what would be best way for you to arrange it?
- Retirement planning and savings – Are you on track and do you have enough for what you want?
- Portfolio planning and investment – Where’s the best place for you to invest to potentially maximise your future returns?
- Property financing and mortgages – Who do you to talk to and what options are available to you?
- Taxation and estate planning – What information do you need to know and how do you go about arranging it?
- Singapore permanent residency – What are the pros and cons you need to be aware of and what do you need to do to proceed?
Section 2: Living in Singapore
Get an understanding of the typical expenses and associated costs for you and your family to aid in your personal financial planning.
- Commencing work in Singapore – Information on immigration and employment, as well as becoming a Singapore permanent resident.
- Property rental and international schools – Understanding the associated costs and local rental process, plus a comparison of the major international schools and their costs.
- Typical foreign university fees and expenses – The costs of sending your child to university and housing them in various parts of the world.
- Buying property – Understanding the process and determining which form of mortgage suits you best.
- Buying and maintaining a car – The costs will surprise you!
- Taxes– How much tax do you need to pay based on your income and when?