Over recent years many of you will have, in conjunction with your Wealth Manager, looked at your UK pensions to see if you would benefit from moving them to a new arrangement.
At the time you did this, you may have decided not to do so because either:
- Your Wealth Manager recommended that you retain the pensions you have, as the analysis showed this was in your best interests at the time.
- You decided not to, as you felt the benefits of a change were not clear cut.
If you haven’t had an Audit of your UK pensions in the last 12 months, it is likely you would benefit from taking another look – why?
- Your plans are likely to have evolved, especially now that the world has changed so much
- Transfer Values have increased significantly in many cases and this means that you may well be better off if you make changes to your pensions
- The AAM UK Pension Audit has evolved from a snapshot of the position at the time it is done, into a lifetime analysis of your pensions, other assets and your retirement plans. This allows you to see immediately if you ‘have enough’ and if you would be better off after a change
- In many cases the costs of an alternative pension have fallen
The AAM UK Pension Audit, as well as showing if you have the optimum pension for your circumstances and plans, or if there is a better alternative, will tell you for both your current pensions and any proposed alternative:
- How much your pensions are worth and what you can expect when you retire
- Whether your pensions will allow you to take your retirement income when and how you want
- What the impact of tax will be on your retirement plans
- Whether you are on track for your perfect retirement
- If your pension will pay you for all of your life
The combination of lower costs and low interest rates mean that there has never been a better time to consider how your pensions are managed.
If you have a UK Pension, you should have a new UK Pension Audit now.
To arrange your UK Pension Audit, call your AAM Wealth Manager or email [email protected]
This article is an op-ed piece by Ian Black. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of AAM Advisory Pte Ltd. This document/article should not be construed as an offer, solicitation of an offer, or a recommendation to transact in any securities/products mentioned herein. The information does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any person. Advice should be sought from a licensed financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment product before making a commitment to purchase the investment product. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. Any prediction, projection, or forecast on the economy, securities markets or the economic trends of the markets is not necessarily indicative of future performance. Whilst we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained in this document. AAM advisory Pte Ltd is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, FA Licence no 100032.
Book a complimentary financial review with one of our wealth managers.